Some of our friends were celebrating their birthday and they happen to know the owners of the Agni. Despite being a public holiday, they agreed to open it especially for them for hosting the private function. This place is a stone’s throw away from The Punjab. I haven’t been here before so it was nice to try a new place. The restaurant is hard to miss with a huge dome on top. When you walk inside, the place is decorated very nicely and the dome lets in sunshine from which also hangs a chandelier. There were many people present and an open bar.
We started off with entrees which consisted of tandoori chicken which was quite tasty but tough separating the chicken from the bone; vegetable pakoras which were delicious and were coated in a lovely batter; raitha and mint chutney which was delicious.
For mains, we had to help ourselves to the buffet which contained a wide selection. I went with:
- Biriyani rice – lovely
- Chicken tikka – lovely flavour but very subtle. Needed to increase the intensity of the flavour
- Agni goat curry – really enjoyed the tender pieces of goat and the flavour of the curry
- Goan fish curry – wasn’t too bad but I didn’t care for the flavours too much
- Naan – (a type of Indian bread) delicious
- Matter paneer – the cheese was quite nice in the green pea sauce
- Chana masala – the chick peas were a little firm but the flavour was really nice
- Dhal basanti – dhal is lentils, the poor man’s food but this was really delicious and well prepared
- Raitha – this yoghurt based dish was very nice with the right amount of sweetness
Verdict: A nice selection of foods which were quite tasty with good flavours. The naans, mint chutney and goat curry were standouts. The place made for a great venue for holding such a function. The wide selection of food for the price that it was catered for the private event was quite reasonable.
Recommendation: Worth Visiting Again
Like This Blog & Want A Second Helping?
Feel free to subscribe via RSS or be updated via email each time a new post comes out on PerthFoodReviews.com. Alternatively, bookmark this site on your favourite social media site below. Remember, when it comes to food, it’s all about the taste.Agni Fine Cuisine,