Courtesy of Menulog, I’m running a competition with a $30 Menulog voucher up for grabs. If you like takeaways, then Menulog should be your go to site as they provide an online takeaway ordering service with over 3500 restaurants to choose from and the widest range of specials and discounts.
But first, I had to try Menulog’s Perth food delivery service to see if it’s worthy for my readers. I was kindly provided a Menulog voucher to use in the one order, so with numerous restaurants to choose from, I decided to give Lanna Thai Cuisine in Subiaco a try (click the link for the full review). The Menulog service allows you to order takeaway for pick up or delivery and you can schedule the order for now or in the future. Pretty neat I thought which makes planning meals for the week really easy. So how do you use Menulog’s online takeaway service? Pretty simple if you follow the steps below:
- Head to http://www.menulog.com.au/browse/perth-wa
- Enter your post code
- Choose a restaurant from the vast selection on offer
- Look through the menu
- Click on the items you want (additional options might pop up like choosing the protein such as fish, chicken, beef, lamb etc, and you may be required to select the level of spiciness – mild, medium, hot)
- When you’re done, on the far right box which summarises your order, select the suburb for delivery or click the pick up radio box
- Click the “Place Your Order” button
- Specify the deliver time – now or later
- Enter your details
- Add any comments if necessary
- Click “Checkout”
- Enter your credit card details
- You’ll receive a SMS confirmation
- Start salivating, set your table, and patiently await delivery
The service is free and easy to use, and as a first time user, I received 10% off my first order. Each restaurant may also have their own specials such as a bonus dish or discount, and they also set the minimum takeaway order. I’ve given it a go and found the whole experience pretty simple. So if you like takeaway or know someone who does, then check out the the competition below.
The competition is pretty simple: In 25 words or less, what is your favourite takeaway winter warmer and why?
Send your response via the email form below and the winning entry will be determined after the closing date with the winner notified via email.
- Entry is open to residents of Australia only.
- Don’t send in multiple entries unless you want to get disqualified.
- The winner will be notified via email and given 48 hours to respond.
- If no response in this time, a new winner will be drawn.
- Total prize pool is valued at $30 and is to be used with a local Menulog restaurant of the winner’s choosing (where valid) and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- The winner’s details may be forwarded to Menulog for prize distribution.
- A voucher code will be emailed to the winner as supplied by Menulog and will be valid for 1 month from the date of issue.
- The voucher code will be valid for delivery only and payments via credit card.
- The voucher is valid for one use only.
- Perth Food Reviews is not liable or responsible in any way or form for prizes that are subsequently not delivered by a third party or arrive damaged or late.
- Judge’s decision is final.
- Good luck!
The Competition is now closed
The winner is Cass from Redcliffe in WA.
To get your creative juices flowing for the competition, Menulog trawled through the numerous orders they receive to give us some interesting trends:
However, preferences vary by city and here in Perth, our favourite takeaway dish is Honey Chicken.
Sydneysiders enjoy their Pad Thai while Adelaide prefer some Butter Chicken. Brisbane can’t seem to decide between Pad Thai, Butter Chicken and Stir Fry with Cashew Nuts, as they are all quite close in popularity. Finally, Melbourne’s most favourite is pizza, ranging from Margherita to Meat Lovers and Mexicana.
Finally, Friday and Saturday are the most popular days to kick back and enjoy takeaway for dinner.
Like This Food Blog & Want A Second Helping?
Feel free to subscribe via RSS or be updated via email each time a new post comes out on PerthFoodReviews.com. Alternatively, bookmark this foodie site on your favourite social media site below. Remember, when it comes to food, it’s all about the taste.